Sunday, April 27, 2014

Becoming an Athlete

Although swim meets are fun, I'm glad it's over. I'm ready for an afternoon under the AC. For a first meet after a month of practice after her short lived hiatus and in her new U8 category, she did well time wise. 


Frankly, overall better than expected. 


I'm very proud of her on how she handled not swimming for medals or ribbons this time and actually wanting to be in this meet regardless. 



She is all cool and focus during the meets, a very different kid from her usual social butterfly. She just wants to out her headphone on and play in her tablet between the events. She took the initiative and went to warn up on her on in between events, what I rarely saw in kids her age. 



She's definitely growing up and becoming an athlete!  I so admire her!  Her determination, focus and confidence is even a lesson even to me as a grown-up! #biasedmom


  

No comments: