Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

Miss  B in the picture she drew picking up trash. She sorted the pictures
 that had to do with bad practices and good stuff related with the Earth Day.


I am sure I could be greener. I'm sure I could have a smaller house (I"ll get there!), a car that did not use so much gas etc. I know, though, I will never ever get to the level of for instance the lady on this blog, who uses menstrual cups instead of tampons, brings her own containers when she orders something from the grocery store or does not use any plastic for in her trash cans.

But I'm taking baby steps...

I am becoming more conscious about the trash that I generate and recycle as much as I can. I'm also being thoughtful about all kinds of waste: while cooking, while taking a shower etc.

Finally, I am teaching Miss B as much as I can and she has learned a lot at her school as well. She tells me things like: "Mommy, let's turn the lights off, so that we don't waste power!".  And today she told me while making her project that if we didn't pick up trash, the world would be dirty and polluted (!). She at her age is a  lot more conscious  than I was even as a teenager or an early adult! Let's hope that her generation creates solutions for a greener and sustainable planet Earth!

Happy Earth Day!
Our town only collects cans, glass and plastic containers for recycling.
This time we did our weekly trip to recycle paper on  Earth Day!


"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not." 
(Dr. Seuss - The Lorax - 1971)


No comments: