She ended up getting excellent teachers and reuniting with few of her very best Kindergarten class kids, whose moms I love. So, except, for some casualties and past the drama of Meet and Greet day, we are happy campers.
Time does fly... The school year began seems like not too long ago and yesterday, we were already going to her Open House at her school! I love Open Houses because it is the opportunity we have to get a little bit more inside B's head and read and see what she thinks about herself and the world.
My favourite part of the Open House has always been getting to read her journal. And I plan to keep them every year. Kids write freely, it's great fun to read.
She had been asking me to wear her animal print things every single opportunity she had: to church, to the mall, really... anywhere! I had been telling her that it was not cold enough or fancy enough and she was beyond frustrated. Finally, yesterday as we were getting ready to go, I granted her wish of wearing her animal print dress and she immediately found the animal print hairband and snickers that matched too that she had got from her Fofoh (quite frankly it was a bit too busy wearing them all, but I let it go). And off she went all dolled up to the Open House.
As I was browsing through Miss B's journal I came across with her write up on what she would do if she was the President. Apparenly, she thinks the President has superpowers because her list was long and highly irrealistic: 1) ice-cream day every weekend (somewhat reasonable for president kids, maybe?), 2) have a lot of adventures (feasible, presidents travel a lot), 3) meet the Ninja Turles (unlikely!), 4) teach others how to fly (impossible!), 5) make it snow in Florida (the Prez is no God!) and, finally, the one that caught my eye was the fact that she wrote in her journal she would wear an animal print dress with black leggings and that was exactly how she was dressed for the Open House, she even drew herself in an animal print dress.
We of course knew her preferences: the Frozen and MTNT obsesssion and her love for anything glitzy with rainbow colors or animal print stuff wise, but reading what her priorities were as a President were insightful and funny. As she describer herself in the Open House, she is definitely funny! A piece of work my B...





No comments:
Post a Comment