Monday, October 21, 2013

Miss B for President!



Miss B had an assigment to present last week in celebration of President's Day. The teacher had asked the students to dress up like the president and share with the class few facts about their president of choice.

Without even forcing any agenda, I asked B if she knew which president she was going to speak about. Without any doubt in her voice she said: "I'm going to speak about President Obama". When I questioned why she had chosen him she said that he was a good president.

She further informed me she did not want to dress as a boy.  I told her to then dress like a  female President, to which she asked me: "Can girls be president?" I explained that of course we could and that in fact Brasil had a girl president. She then goes on and asks me: "Is she a fairy too?" I laughed so hard about the innocence of the question itself  but mostly because Dilma Husseff is no fairy! Much closer to a witch, I'd say, frankly... I contained myself and just told her: "No, not even close!". My fellow Brazilian friends will agree with me.

I almost told her she should dress like Hillary Clinton, our future first female president but I don't think the teacher would appreciate and I did not want to jinx it either!

Couple days later, I sat down with her by the computer to start researching and showed her how to Google. In the midst of my researches she jumps and says: "I'm going to grab some papers to take notes, because Scientist do takes notes and I am a kid Scientist, right, Mommy?"

When she returned she wrote down that the facts and was ready to present.

The day of the presentation arrived. She of course had no problem in presenting and when the teacher asked who she was dressed like, she said she was dressed like the first lady, Obama's wife! She said the teacher laughed and said she was funny.

That's my girl!


No comments: